Tuesday 17 July 2012

Prague, Czech Republic

Prague really was a crazy place. As in the people just seemed a little bit...tapped. But it was an oh so beautiful city. The night we got there we went on a walking tour around the city which included seeing the astronomical clock and ended at the Charles Bridge where fireworks were going off. There was another huge thunderstorm that night.


In the morning caught the tram into the centre and walked up to the castle district. Prague is full of castles all close together. We went into the huge cathedral up there and walked down the golden lane which was full of medieval things. I shot a cross bow! Missed the first 2 shots though, got the last one.

After exploring the castle district we headed into town to go souvenir shopping. I bought an adorable crystal baby elephant and a blue glass world globe from one of the stores (more of my favourite purchases). Also got a small glass blown cow to send home, and a crystal nail file.


My favourite part of Prague was the astronomical clock, its so pretty and does a cute little act on the hour.


Prague is full of puppets! Marionette puppets. Unfortunately they are quite bulky so I couldn't buy one to keep. We decided it would be a good idea to go to a Marionette show and bought tickets to Don Giovanni. Worst decision. While it was great to see a puppet show in action it was all in Italian and I had no idea of the story line. It went for too long and I was battling to not fall asleep given how tired I was by now from the constant travelling.


That night Ruth, Paddy and I went to an Asian restaurant for dinner which was delicious. So nice to have fresh, healthy Asian food.

1 comment:

  1. What was the store’s name where you bought that globe from?

    ReplyDelete