Monday 1 October 2012

A familiar face, Madame Toussards, Bunga Bunga and Shopping - London- 2012

Another great weekend in London town. My old family friend from Perth, Kirstyn, is in London this weekend, which is very exciting as she is the first friend that has come over from Perth since I left. Very refreshing to see a familiar face!

I caught up with her for dinner on Friday night at London Bridge. We had a good chat and catch up over dinner along the river. On Saturday, we caught up again as I met with her and another friend Simmone to see Madame Toussards Wax Museum. Madame Toussards was better than I expected it to be. We spent about 3 hours in there looking around at the wax models and going through the other attractions that are inside (there's the history of the wax museum, a scary adventure bit, a ride, and a theatre to see).

On Saturday night we headed out to Bunga Bunga - a nightclub in Battersea that's well known for its cocktails and for the fact that Prince Harry was caught out partying there (yes we were secretly wishing we'd run into some Royals). The cocktails were good, the music was fun, and it was good to finally go out for a night of dancing :) The club is about a 2 min bus ride down the road- very convenient.

On Sunday, Kirstyn and I went to Jamie Oliver's cafe 'Recipease' for breakfast (my new fav local cafe- I somehow end up there every weekend). She then headed off to explore London more and I caught up with my housemate Hayley for shopping. We went on a mission to buy new boots as winter is fast approaching and we need some good quality boots to keep us warm and dry.

We headed to a shoe shop called Duo in Covent Garden that does custom fitted leather boots...love! So we waited in the queue for about half an hour before being shown around and trying on various styles. They measure your foot size and calf size so you get just the right fit for a perfect pair of boots. I ordered these, and they should arrive delivered to my home in a week. For any Aussie readers looking for custom fit shoes or boots, you can order online and they do free delivery worldwide!

http://www.duoboots.com/ladies-boots/black-leather/beaumont/d/

I also put these shoes on my wish list for another day
http://www.duoboots.com/ladies-shoes/black-suede-and-leather-mix/swanson/d/

After shopping I took my love for Jamie Oliver restaurants too far, as Hayley and I found Jamie's Italian Kitchen next to the shoe store, and headed there for dinner! The food was amazing. So my whole diet for today has consisted of Jamie Oliver food- living the life.









No comments:

Post a Comment